Dr. Rizwan Khalid is a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist and Interventional Cardiologist, practicing medicine as an attending since 2009 and joined NTA as a partner in December 2020.
Prior to joining NTA, Dr. Khalid established cardiovascular programs in the United States and globally. Internationally, he created an advanced cardiac imaging center, helped enhance adult congenital/pulmonary hypertension programs, and developed peripheral vascular disease services.
He established the first advanced cardiac electrophysiology program in Southwest Kansas and Southeast Missouri. He has led large physician-based professional organizations and advocates for physicians and healthcare. He enjoys the practice of cardiovascular medicine and its subspecialties and focuses on a holistic and patient-partnered approach. Dr. Khalid believes in customized, individualized plans to deal with chronic cardiac diseases, especially complex arrhythmias. In cardiac electrophysiology, his expertise includes complex device therapy and ablations including both atrial and ventricular arrhythmias.
Dr. Khalid is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, American College of Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Society, and Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention. He is actively involved in teaching faculty, residents, and medical students and is an Associate Professor of Cardiology at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences. He has published numerous papers in both Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology. He has delivered over 50 grand rounds, lectures, symposiums, and workshops worldwide.
- MD, The Aga Khan Medical School, Karachi, Pakistan
- Residency and Chief Medical Resident (Internal Medicine)
The University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut
- Fellowship and Chief Fellow (Cardiovascular Disease)
New York Presbyterian Queens/Cornell University, Flushing, New York
- Fellowship (Interventional Cardiology)
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
- Fellowship (Cardiac Electrophysiology)
William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan
Dr. Khalid is currently credentialed at the following facilities:
- Baylor Heart Hospital Denton
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Lewisville
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Heart Rhythm Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention