Amy West is a board certified family nurse practitioner with over 10 years of critical care and cardiac nursing experience.
Amy recognized the need for detailed education and management of cardiac arrhythmias during her time as an intensive care nurse at a heart hospital and saw an opportunity to fill that need as a nurse practitioner. Amy believes that taking the time to tailor the plan of care to each intended recipient yields the best outcomes. This approach allows proper education to her patients, which empowers them to better understand their condition and fully engage in their treatment plan.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator Device Management
- Heart Failure and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Management of Atrial Tachy-Arrhythmias, such as Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Flutter, and Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Infusion Therapies for treatment of Acute Tachy-Arrhythmias
- Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia (IST) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, Texas
- Master of Science, Family Nurse Practitioner, Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Ms. West is currently credentialed at the following facilities:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City Denton
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Denton
Memberships – Ms. West
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Texas Nurse Practitioners Association
- American Nurses Association
- Texas Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing